Acording to the Qajaq USA web site, the best sequence for learning rolls is:
side sculling (teaches paddle control,finding balance point of kayak and body, and aft leaning hipsnap on recovery).
- standard roll
- balance brace
- armpit roll or crook arm roll (for variety and to have a one-handed option)
- chest scull (teaches forward leaning hipsnap)
- reverse roll (very closely linked to the chest scull)
- storm roll (an excellent roll for battle conditions)
- norsaq rolls (a good intro to the hand rolls)
- hand rolls
I guess that means it is time for number 3…. off to hunt for triaing videos.