Modifications to Tahe Greenland

This past week we made three improvements to the Tahe, first we fixed a knee tube to carry the pump and sponge under the deck, second we removed the foot pegs and replaced them with a solid foam bulkhead, and third we added a foam back support covered in black neoprene to replace the back band I removed a while ago – this is especially useful as it stops my back bruising when doing lay back rolls.


Based on Jeff B’s advice I also adapted a mini-pod from REI to be my camera mount on my storm paddle, I added a second velcro strap to act as a backup lanyard in case the tripod came off the paddle. The video and stills in the previous post came from this set-up. It has the advantage of working as a forward and rear facing system, and allowing for retrieval and replacement so that camera can be adjusted and turned on or off as desired. IT seemed to work geat today.

Previous Post

Next Post